Tuesday, September 27, 2005

this man is covered in slime

If you know my mother's voice--or indeed, remember my father's--imagine me saying this in one or the other of those. Because I'm really hearing them speaking through me.

The Beeb, covering the investigation into what happened with Katrina:
[Brown] added that his "biggest mistake" had been not recognising that Louisiana was "dysfunctional".
Stunning. The man begins by blaming Blanco and Nagin, blaming himself for not being able "to get them to sit down, get over their differences, and work together", and explains that he should have held more media briefings. What?

Every line drips. It's all someone else's fault. His "mistakes" all lie in his not understanding that other people couldn't do their jobs. He couldn't control, delegate, and deploy his own people effectively. Management 101. Even I know this, from just a few years of running parties.

Unbelievable.