Wednesday, September 28, 2005

o-ho

I keep thinking I should turn Statcounter off, already. Knowing who's reading has largely caused me more grief than it has pleasure, and I hate that I've been seduced into caring how many people come by every day--it's changed my relationship to the writing.

But then something pops up that delights me. Case in point: this morning someone at the House of Representatives came by and read the March post on Maudelle Shirek. So I went back and re-read it myself. I'd forgotten that I slam the House, and now I wish I'd written something slightly more substantive than "she's a neat lady". But I'm still pleased. I've written enough letters and signed enough petitions that I suspect nobody in the government has looked at. It interests me that someone there is taking bloggers seriously enough to hit the link--and that in such a roundabout and small way, my point was heard by the body to whom it was directed.