Thursday, March 31, 2005

it's a good thing i have a lot of hair

So when I start pulling it out in frustration, it will take a while before any serious deforestation becomes evident.

Too much to do, not enough time to do it; it looks like Swing did in fact give me his cold (last time I tango with a sick man); and the new deodorant I'm using is giving me a Fitness Fresh headache. Seriously, it's stronger than my cologne. I can feel it in my molars.

Speaking of deodorant creepiness, looking at men's products yesterday, I noticed that between Powder Fresh and Unscented, Arm and Hammer makes one called Victory. What is up with that? That frightens me. It's like fascist antiperspirant; it's what you want under your arms to keep from getting those unsightly stains on your uniform that might show when you salute your Fuhrer.

This is what I get for reading a poorly-written-yet-gripping novel about Hungarian collaborators selling uranium to Hitler, reading about AX and Thorn's responses to Downfall, and dozing gently through a lecture tonight on what happened when the wall came down in Berlin. That and having written a paper once, back in the days when dinosaurs roamed the college campuses, about gender differentiation in the marketing of scent products and what it implied about the roles of men and women. Totally simplistic, I see now, but not bad considering that it was a "group" project where the rest of my group (one guy) totally crapped out on me and I did all the research and writing myself.

Speaking of writing. That is what I'm supposed to be doing right now. I have a proposal to get done before I leave. Stay on task, Indri.

I may have to go scrub off this deodorant, though. It's making it hard to think straight.