Saturday, December 18, 2004

all kinds of stuff coming

Plenty of stuff in the blog pipeline, but I'm still recovering from my two days' solid writing at the begining of the week, and refilling my word bags. In the meantime, I'm now fascinated with the idea of dying yarn with Kool-Aid--it's cheap, it's safe (the textile dyes I ordinarily use require that I also use a respirator, dedicated saucepots, and things with names like "mordant", which sounds pretty grim), they're washable, and the finished items smell fruity for a while.

Which could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you look at it.

Anyway, it's also a new project on the "things I could do with kids" list, which grows ever longer; someday I will accede to the inevitable and become a grade-school art teacher. I'm just not ready for that bobbed haircut and the denim smock, you feel me?