Monday, October 04, 2004

seasonal affectiveness

So I was trying to think of what to say about the past week of introspection, and realized I didn't have time today to really boil it down. But it was a pretty intense week; I went back through a lot of old journals, had some painfully revealing conversations with people I care about, and generally tried to go into my moodiness and let it happen instead of trying to avoid or beat myself up about it.

And then Tarot.com came through for me again with these important words from the Queen of Swords:
Champion your own needs.

The card that lands in the Challenges position refers to ways that you can turn obstacles into stepping stones.

With the Queen of Swords in this position, improve your ability to balance your needs against the pressures of expectations from a possible romantic interest. This challenge may be turned into an opportunity by developing some enthusiasm for spending more time on your own needs.

Make the pivotal decisions in your own life and live directly with the consequences of your choices. Become your own best advocate in your forthcoming relationship. To help you accomplish this goal, shorten the list of circumstances and demands that have the power to distract you or divert your energy. Define your boundaries. State your goals clearly. Start acting on your own behalf. Championing your own needs may actually help you bring more clarity into a relationship by setting boundaries that your possible partner needs to respect.


AX gives me a hard time about Tarot.com. I have plenty of decks, he tells me. You could read actual real physical cards. I point out that I have a couple of decks of my own, that I'm perfectly capable of using. But for some reason, I'm getting better results using a machine... the above doesn't just apply to my romantic life, of course; I've been sliding off-track for a while for a whole host of reasons. I am too interested in too many things, which is why I should really be a writer and not, say, a toll-booth money-taker or something.