Monday, August 16, 2004

pinpricks

In a few days, I should have my DSL set up and suddenly there will be a veritable flood of blogging...I've been relying on AX's computer for too long now, and it has led to some rather awkward if amusing-in-retrospect moments. I'm also up to my neck in getting my troupe costume together, a tale full of yarn, mirrors, frantic trips to fabric stores, and my repeatedly stabbing myself with a needle as I attempt to embroider while utilizing public transit.

In brief:

1. I appear to be befriending one of my partners' other partners. It's a surprise to everyone concerned, but I genuinely enjoy her company and she's helping me out with aforementioned costume (she's saving my ass, actually), so we've hung out a little in the past week. Let's call her Thread. I'm feeling pretty good about getting past my initial jealousy so that this could become possible.

2. Not enough sleep, and feeling dumb and sluggish as a result.

3. Still not entirely moved out of the old studio, although Snufkina and AX diligently showed up last night to make a run of all the things I can't haul the eleven blocks on my handtruck. Looks like I'll have to pay another week's rent on the studio, which doesn't thrill me--I hate having this hanging--but that's better than frantically throwing everything into trash bags, and then hauling it to the new place and not being to move at all there.

4. The aquarium supply place near my house recently had some containers out in the street, blocking off a couple of parking spaces. I guess to make room for a truck or something. The styrofoam containers with "exotic tropical fish" printed on the sides, I get. The one that said "soy sauce" concerns me.

Okay everyone, let's be careful out there.