Friday, April 30, 2004

i love my job

I can't really talk right now; I have to go put some rented wheelchairs in the car and take a shower and run around the block a few times.

That last because I just did a killer interview with an artist whose work I've admired for several years.

Interviews are so tricky, and everything I know about doing them I pretty much figured out myself or kludged together from anthropology interview techniques I learned in school. And then, some people are just hard to interview. This woman wasn't, and she was so lively and positive that I came away feeling elated in a way that I haven't in a long while. Happy, yes, in a muted way. But not giddy, which is pretty much the only word that fits the way I was jumping around in Mom's room after I hung up the phone. Because not only was it great to talk to this artist, who is about to bring her work to SF, but she agreed to come to a bellydance class with me (her work is related to body issues, it seemed like an appropriate invitation when I extended it), which is so incredibly cool I can't believe it.

Yep, big professional writer person, that's me. Hop, hop.