Monday, May 23, 2005

starting to get confused

So my note-taking pretty much fell apart the last day we were in Ukraine, and I never picked it back up. And I'd been doing so well! Every time I travel I tell myself that I need to journal more carefully. And each time, I think, oh, I'll remember everything.

You know the rest, I'm sure.

Taking so many pictures is actually really helping. Once I got over my embarrassment that I had become one of those snap-happy tourists that make me so crazy, I started to see the utility in it. The photos help me keep track of where I've been and what I did while I was there.




this is from a segment of the Wall that
hasn't been torn down


The past few days, though, things have been a blur. I know we rented bicycles and rode around looking for remnants of the Wall. I can still feel the cobblestones in my tissues, if you get me. But yesterday? Last night I had to tick off what we had done over the course of the day on my fingers as MonkeyScientist laughed at me. Not that we'd done all that much. Went to a puppet show. Napped. Wrote. Walked around an area that had been rebuilt to look medieval, attempted to get into the Aqua Dome (13,5 euros per? I don't think so, unless it includes a sushi lunch), and ate cherry pastries. Oh, and a damn tasty Morrocan meal--seared tuna with salad, chicken tagine with green olives and preserved lemons, peach juice.

But really, I'm falling off on my touristic responsibilities. I think I'm having Olde Worlde Charme burnout.