Friday, May 27, 2005

i don't usually follow these things

But since I just finally saw "Kill Bill" in Berlin and have Uma on the brain, I went ahead and read this article about her divorce from Ethan Hawke. And I have to say that I'm not impressed with him at all. He says, "I don't know if it's just too hard to be married to a woman that wants to be a movie star."

Uh, excuse me. She doesn't want to be a movie star. She is a movie star. With a great deal more charisma than her erstwhile second husband, and significant drawing power--she made as much for "Kill Bill 2" as he did for "Training Day", and she made more for "Paycheck".

And he seems to be suggesting that she can't be an adequate mother if she's still working, and I'm thinking, where are you in this equation, Ethan? Or was she left holding the nappies?