Thursday, November 25, 2004

the people upstairs

Are having sex for the second time today. Taking longer than usual, too; the first time, I was talking to my mother on the phone, and by the time I got up to put on some music to cover, they'd finished. In a minute, I'll hear his heavy footsteps, and possibly the sound of the television being turned on.

Huh, no, they're really working at it today. In a minute, it sounds like I'll know their names. Maybe they took a class or something; usually it's much more perfunctory. Jesus, was that the sound of someone falling off the bed? Are there more people up there than usual? That thumping is new.

I have no idea what that sound was.

I think they're done now. That's insane, he's saying. I am sore tempted to go up and ask what new thing they were doing, because it has never sounded like that before. And I work from home, so I've heard a lot of the before. But that sounded epic.

It's not that I don't like hearing it. I just don't like hearing it when I'm not having any myself. Blasted holiday.