Monday, January 24, 2005

yow!

Go Bookslut! Jessica Crispin lays down some science on the asinine conceive magazine. Says everything I'd like to, in a lot fewer words. Sometime soon Bookslut's also supposed to be running a review of the anthology I'm in, so I'm keeping an eye out for that.

Incidentally, a casual search reveals that the anthology is being picked up by colleges and universities for use in social science classes. I just noticed that the University of Vermont has copies in their library. For some reason, seeing that it had a catalog number made it more real for me. And AX has used the word "badassitude" about my essay in particular. Which would be a fine thing to mention in the area Amazon so helpfully provides for guest reviews, hint hint to everyone who has a copy and has read my essay.

I have to admit that I still haven't read the other nineteen. I really should, before I meet the other authors when we sit down to read together next month.