Thursday, August 21, 2003

love and taxes

Long day, capped off by Josh Kornbluth's new monologue of the above title. If you're in the Bay Area, I highly recommend Love and Taxes, at the Berkeley Rep for the next few weeks; Kornbluth (author of Red Diaper Baby and Haiku Tunnel) is very, very funny live, and this show might just turn your ideas about money on their ear.

It was one of the nicer things to happen today, which was otherwise mostly spent driving around in loaned or rented vehicles. Now that I haven't been driving for a couple of months, I'm realizing just how much of a drain it can be--worrying about parking, break-ins, other drivers--yeesh. But I did get some of the things on the list done daddy done.

The bottlecaps, it turns out, drill very nicely. The resin doesn't get weird, although the smell of escaping esters is a little off-putting. I'm going to production-line bottle caps for the next couple of days, and I'm childishly pleased by the concept.

Speaking of childish, Mob #3 was today. I'll write about that more when my eyes aren't having a competition to see who can hide farther back in my head. But it was really fun, and involved a noisy scene in a hotel lobby.