Tuesday, July 05, 2005

he enjoyed the first date so much he doesn't want to go out with me again

This is a new one on me. Sigh. Sometimes I wonder how much longer I will be able to remain open and uncynical in dating men. For that matter, sometimes I wonder why I date men at all. I do have an option, as my first girlfriend liked pointing out, repeatedly. And I do like girls.

Just not as much as boys. God help me.

Oh, and my eyelids are sunburned. I'm an idiot. One of these years, I'll make it to the San Francisco Mime Troupe show with everything in place. I'll be in time to get a good spot, carrying a good blanket, properly equipped with food/water/sunblock. This year I managed a good spot, or what would have been a good spot if there weren't bozos with big hats right in front of us. And I had water and sunblock (although obviously I didn't go as far with the latter as I needed to.) My friends had chips and cheese puffs and strawberries. Getting closer. Saw Slice there, and we had a nice little chat. He's going back to school for his teaching certificate, blah blah, they're not pregnant yet, blah blah, yes he still has my mosquito net (we broke up four years ago), it's in a bag.

I'm taking my sunburn to bed now. In the morning I see the dentist. This week is just, man, starting out fabulous.