Friday, March 26, 2004

lorem ipsum!

If my forehead were bigger, I might get these guidelines for better Web design tattooed across it. Macrotypography also links to a wonderful tool that will generate "greeking" (the dummy text used in mocked-up print layouts) using one of several different text sources, from the Esperantist's manifesto to the Tao Te Ching. Here's what happened when I asked it to use Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre:

Lay reclined on a sofa by the fireside and with her darlings about. Clear panes of glass protecting but not separating. With ceaseless rain sweeping away wildly, her darlings about her (for the time neither quarrelling nor crying) looked, does Bessie say I have. Her darlings about her (for the time, with pictures I mounted into the windowseat gathering up my? Long and lamentable blast I returned to my bookBewick's History. Pleasantly remain silent" A breakfastroom adjoined the drawingroom I! Her (for the time neither quarrelling nor crying) looked perfectly happy Me she? But not separating me from the drear; I asked "Jane I don't like cavillers, studied the aspect of that winter afternoon Afar, by the fireside and with her darlings about her (for the time neither.


Pleasantly remain silent, indeed! There are some other little toys on toolbot that should distract you for the time it takes to finish your coffee.