Thursday, December 29, 2005

cabin fever

I don't know why this amuses me so, but it does. In case you've ever thought about digging to China, you might want to check this out first (hint: start shoveling in Argentina).

Otherwise, very little to report. I've been sleeping a lot, running end-of-the-year errands, and sifting through my craft supplies with an eye to sending a box to the Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge, who are doing some sort of art therapy outreach to Katrina survivors. If I can't go with the Red Cross, well, my beads will still make it. I also made this, mostly because I was feeling pretty low and needed to prove to myself that I could start and finish something without getting distracted or overthinking a project:



She joins an older, nameless sister:


I also found these. I made a dozen, years ago, and used half to make some earrings. I think these were going to be a necklace. Anyway, they still make me happy, so I'm going to work them into something.



What all this may clarify, besides the fact that I'm leaving the house very little right now, is why I don't cook anything complicated. There's just not enough room. That's my kitchen counter, with the jars of beads, the plastic frog, and so on. Maybe in the new year I'll, oh, accumulate a table.