Thursday, June 24, 2004

progress on the art project, after a fashion

Well, I had this lovely post more than half-done. It made fun of Snufkina! It talked about obscure food products! It revealed that I am virtually helpless on the domestic front!

And then I accidentally closed down Safari, while taking a break to do something else. Post gone, potential retaliatory tickling from Snufkina averted, and you can cherish the illusion that I know how to cook, at all.

I'm too demoralized to recreate it just now. So instead, I thought I'd post an update on some of the images I have received for use on the floorcloth that will grace my front hall. Ready?

AX is wondering whether he can draw Spider-Man well enough, and MarcoPolo has sent me, in ascending order of frightfulness, four images. We have Hello Kitty, two kittens with strange animated smiles drawn on, Renee Zellweger in "Cold Mountain" wearing a hat with the Oakland A's logo, and finally, most Lovecraftian of all, a photo of Donald Rumsfeld smiling and showing all his teeth.

This is a good start. A great start! Who doesn't want to walk on Donald Rumsfeld? Who can't use Spider-Man guarding their entryway? But it's not enough, folks. I need more. I'm not going to embarrass anyone by posting your IP addresses (I have mentioned my obsession with Statcounter before, right?), but I know you're out there. Los Angeles? Virginia? New Hampshire? I need more critter images. While I'd be delighted if you drew me some--and things scrawled drunkenly on cocktail napkins absolutely count--I suppose just sending on a pre-existing image is also fine, since I shan't be selling the finished item.

Three feet by six is a lot of territory.