Saturday, June 10, 2006

my god, it's so big

I keep looking at this photo and thinking it's a fake, like this one. But it's not. The Beeb wouldn't lie to us, would it?

I'm too exhausted to make any sense today (one hour of sleep is just, well, dumb, no matter how fun the party was), but I want to mention that I got to spend the morning keeping a friend company as she got her very first tattoo, and Princess is upping stakes and moving to Seattle, and I have just learned that the next most important commodity worldwide after oil is coffee. Yes indeed! The author of the history I'm reading on the subject of coffee goes so far as to suggest we evolved into homo sapiens sapiens back in what is now Ethiopia because we were eating coffee beans off the trees and that made our brains faster.

Hmmm.