Tuesday, July 20, 2004

i can't begin to tell you

That last post resisted, resisted, resisted. There is a whole saga about getting it from my computer to yours. Unfortunately, it's a saga that's probably only fascinating to me, and it doesn't involve any exotic methods of transportation or anything.

Suffice it to say, it was pretty much hand-carried from Honduras.

My cell doesn't work everywhere, and I can barely blog; I'm feeling like one o' them city sharpies who can't cope in the wilds.

There is a rumor that tomorrow we might get driven to CVS and/or WalMart for supplies. I don't want to admit to how excited I am by the prospect. I am out of chocolate, fruit, and bottled water. I admit it: I'm soft! And squishy! I'm going to forget how to move soon (we sit around an awful lot, getting talked at) and will need to be pulled around in a little wagon!

Forgive me if I'm repeating myself. But there's been quite a bit of that, the past week; I like and admire many of my colleagues here and dearly wish they would go away, or at least stop clumping in the hall outside my room and telling the same stories over and over.

Grrrrrrr.