Wednesday, October 01, 2003

I promise this won't hurt. Too much

First day back in a few, after an evil little DSL adventure, a misplaced trouble tag, and one cranky blogger sitting around none-too-patiently waiting for a technician to call sometime within the EIGHT-HOUR window, not so much as peeing for fear of missing the phone call, only to find that the trouble tag somehow got dropped somewhere, and there was never going to be a phone call. Turning to dial-up (cue sound of the Pony Express whickering in disdain in the background) only to discover that that wasn't working properly either. Is Mercury still retrograde? Are you sure?

So I have decided that I simply complain too much. I'm one of those people who if you ask me how I'm doing, I'll give a real answer--you know, a buzzkill sort of person. From here on out, then, sweetness and light. Got it? That's me. Sweetness and light. And if you don't believe it, well, you can just--

Yes. How can you tell? I wrote this great long rambling entry about how I get paid to throw little children on the ground. It had links. It had pictures of adults getting thrown on the ground. It was approaching wittiness. And now it is gone, gone, gone, wherever the lost pixels scamper happily below the trees, free of their servitude.

Anyway, here are the pictures. Out of context they won't make any sense, so I'll just say: today I tried to teach my more advanced class (some of them are as old as ten!) nikkyo, which is not only complex but painful. It's interesting how much they go on about the painful part, but I noticed that they were more focussed than usual; I think the idea of learning this subtle little move that can incapacitate unsuspecting friends appeals to the little darlings.

I had so much else to say...not having access has made me feel like a balloon being filled with water...but my day (three hard-boiled eggs, two Clif Bars, and a Chicken Saag in a pear tree) is catching up with me. Heck, it's running right past, and it's laughing this evil little laugh.